Prehab is exercise prior to surgery. In undertaking prehab you will improve your strength, function and cardiovascular fitness level enabling you to achieve optimal function following surgery.
Active Physiotherapy is able to offer prehab for hip, knee and shoulder surgery.
The types of surgery include:
” Hip replacement
” Knee replacement
” Knee anterior cruciate reconstruction
” Shoulder replacement
” Shoulder rotator cuff repair
” Shoulder reconstruction
” Shoulder decompression
The prehab program is conducted at the purposed built facility at 501 Waverley Road Mt Waverley 3149, utilising appropriate exercise equipment that includes a Clinical Pilates studio.
The Prehab program includes the following :
1. what you need for the hospital stay
2. rehabilitation following surgery
3. post-operative expectations
4. aspects of activities of daily living
5. understanding your operation
1. Postural exercise
2. Strengthening appropriate muscle groups
3. Maintaining and improving joint mobility
4. Core stability
6. Balance – dynamic and static for lower limb
7. Cardiovascular fitness level
8. A.D.L i.e. getting out of a chair, transferring in and out of a car/bed/chair
9. Gait re-education using forearm crutches, including ascending and descending steps
If you would like to discuss any aspects of Prehab or make a booking, please do not hesitate to contact us on 98038422.