About Remedial Massage
Remedial Massage is a common treatment used to alleviate chronic muscle pain and tension. Sometimes referred to as deep tissue massage, it is a method of manipulating the soft tissues of the body. It also includes the assessment and treatment of muscles, ligaments, and tendons, thereby helping with rehabilitation, pain management, and injury recovery. Our Remedial masseur will use various techniques (including lubricants and movement) to aid healing and restore you back to health.
In addition to relieving pain and increasing joint mobility, remedial massage improves circulation and gives you a tremendous feeling of relaxation (not just physically, but mentally too). It is ideal for people with tiring and demanding lifestyles. Stress levels are also greatly reduced, providing a feeling of well-being.
Disorders Requiring Remedial Massage
Our Remedial Masseurs are able to use remedial massage to treat conditions such as sciatica, stiff necks, headaches, sports injuries, and carpal tunnel, and many others. There are many reasons why massage is so effective:
- Remedial massage is excellent for anxiety, as it results in a distinct feeling of relaxation.
- Using remedial massage in arthritis patients relieves tension and pressure in painful joints.
- Remedial massage helps in the treatment of back and neck pain.
- Remedial massage is an excellent treatment for soft tissue injuries.
- Remedial massage is often the treatment of choice for chronic pain sufferers.
- Remedial massage can help those who suffer regular headaches.
- Due to its relaxing properties, remedial massage can reduce high blood pressure.
- Remedial massage is often used to cure insomnia, as it induces a feeling of deep relaxation and calm.
Benefits of Remedial Massage
Those who are treated with remedial massage will tell you that they experience a profound feeling of relaxation, which is an immediate benefit. This happens because the deep tissue pressure prompts the release of endorphins, which are brain chemicals that give us a feeling of calm. It also relieves stress, as it reduces cortisol, adrenalin, and norepinephrine (the stress hormones), which are known to weaken the immune system.
The benefits are huge. Not only does remedial massage assist in improving circulation, reduce stress, and relieve muscular aches and injuries, it also encourages well-being. Additionally, it can reduce blood pressure. This is why it is a popular choice for post-operative recovery.
- Remedial massage is proven to reduce muscle tension.
- It is a great method to improve circulation.
- This method of massage stimulates drainage of the lymphatic system.
- Deep tissue massage reduces stress hormones, thereby increasing feelings of relaxation.
- Patients are often treated with remedial massage for increased joint mobility and flexibility.
- You may find that your skin tone is improved with remedial massage treatments.